Walking + Protein Shakes = Weight Loss

I'm walking more.  I'm eating better.  Now it's time to step up my game!  Literally!  I recently read an article on a simple strategy to give my walking extra oomph.  It seemed to good to be true but I decided to give it a try.  And it's working!  So what's the secret?

10,000 steps a day.  And a protein shake for a quick and healthy meal.  That's it.  Pretty easy, right?  And convenient.  And affordable.  All I do is get 10,000 steps a day.  And when I'm hungry but don't have the time to cook a full meal, I grab a protein shake instead of going through the fast food drive through. 

Here's how you can join me:

1. Set a step goal.  Counting your steps is easy.  Get a tracker.  Whether it's an inexpensive pedometer, or the step counter on your smartphone, or a fitness tracker like the Fitbit doesn't matter.  Any of these will work just fine. 

First just go about your normal routine and determine how many steps you normally get in one day.  Once you have this number, slowly start building up.  My fitness coach recommends building up in 2000 step increments.  So if you normally get about 3000 steps per day, try for 5000.  Once you can do 5000 easily, then 7000, then 9000, and so on until you reach 10,000 steps per day.

2.  Meals.  Aim for about 1400 calories a day.  I found that on the days I had shakes as two of my daily meals, I lost more weight.  I almost always have a shake for dinner.  So for lunch, instead of eating fast food, or a really not healthy frozen "diet meal", I just had another shake.  That left me plenty of calories for a snack during the day and a good healthy dinner.

The key to losing weight is to burn more calories than you consume.  That's why this works.  Walking helps burn more calories.  Protein shakes are an easy way to reduce calories.  And if you use the right protein shake, you also get a lot of needed nutrients.  Things like vitamin C and selenium.

Want to know which protein shake I use?  Find out about Pure Nourish, part of the Slenderiiz program.  Click here!


Comments

Popular Posts